QTS Data Centers: Richmond Data Center
About Richmond Data Center
QTS has developed this expansive Virginia data center campus with an eye towards supporting enterprise Custom Data Center clients, government data center consolidation opportunities, and commercial Colocation and Managed Services needs. Initial phases of construction are complete and customers are enjoying the benefits of the scale of this unique facility. Now is a perfect time for organizations with custom requirements, such as specific power configuration, security access, office space, and other customized features, to evaluate build-to-suit opportunities at QTS' largest data center campus. QTS Richmond is also ideal for companies or government agencies requiring significant room to grow. With vast on-site power capacity and hundreds of thousands of square feet of available raised floor and office space, there is plenty of room for QTS to support your IT infrastructure needs today and in the future.
- 1.3 million sq. ft. campus multiple distinct data center buildings
- Current planned build-out to total over 500,000 sq. ft. of raised floor
- Data center rooms to range in size from 5,000 to over 100,000 sq. ft.
- Adjacent QTS-owned property available for additional expansion of up to 1.4 million sq. ft. of raised floor based on initial greenfield development drafts
- Substantial Class A office space available
- 210-acre campus
- 5 miles from Richmond airport 98 miles from DC
- Easy access from I-95 and I-64
- Outside of the fifty mile blast zones for Washington, DC
- Carrier-neutral facility providing access to a broad range of global and national providers for local, fiber and Internet connectivity in-building carriers include Verizon, Level 3, Windstream and Comcast, and many other leading providers
- Regional fiber connectivity provides two distinct and diverse paths out of facility and creates fully protected diverse routes to Culpeper and Northern Virginia
- Two (2) dedicated on-site substations currently delivers 110MVA to facility upgradeable to 220MVA
- Fed from two (2) transmission lines from two (2) independent Dominion substations
- Two (2) 55MVA transformers in completely redundant configurations distribute power to the site
- Generators with static UPS provide back-up power
- On-site diesel fuel with multiple refueling contracts
- Redundant cooling
- On-site fuel storage
- Currently 25,000 tons of chiller capacity with the ability to scale
- 500 foot setback to all buildings surrounded by an energized fence protecting the campus perimeter
- K-12 rated fencing at all vehicle entrances
- Hardened visitor screening facility rated National Institute of Justice (NIJ) Ballistic Level 3
- Metal detection devices and x-ray scanning instruments screen all visitors
- Central command center with 24x7x365 security staff with roving armed security officers
- Video surveillance and security monitoring
- Card access, biometric fingerprint and iris scan identification systems throughout the facility
QTS Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: QTS) is a leading provider of data center solutions across a diverse footprint spanning more than 6 million square feet of owned mega scale data center space throughout North America. Through its software-defined technology platform, QTS is able to deliver secure, compliant infrastructure solutions, robust connectivity and premium customer service to more than 1,100 leading Hyperscale technology companies, enterprises, and government entities.
FLEXIBLE SOLUTIONS - our unique portfolio of core data center services and value added services coupled with financial flexibility allows QTS to structure complete solutions that meet both your technical and budget requirements.
SECURE FACILITIES - robust, redundant and protected facilities with highly trained personnel that adhere to strict security procedures guarantees security and reliability.
REAL-TIME VISIBILITY - The QTS Service Delivery Platform (SDP) gives you visibility, access, and control of critical metrics across your entire QTS hybrid IT deployment, both in real-time and on-demand.
EXPERT SUPPORT - QTS ITIL certified operations personnel and monitoring systems support all services and ensure maximum availability and uptime.
QTS Data Centers are designed and built with reliability, redundancy and resiliency in mind. We start with fully-redundant high-density power and cooling capacities, add fully integrated UPS systems, link site-wide security and fire protection systems, and enable comprehensive visibility through our customer portal to provide secure, dependable state-of-the-art data center infrastructure for our customers' web services.
All Quality Data Centers provide mission critical electrical, mechanical, and high capacity network systems. QTS's trained staff includes facility and electrical maintenance engineers, data center operations experts, network architects and security officers committed to providing on-site 24x7x365 support and operations for our facilities. This crucial design philosophy is built into our product to minimize service disruption and ensure the highest level of customer service available. It is this level of experience and proven track record that sets QTS apart from the rest of the industry.