QTS Data Centers: Santa Clara Data Center
About Santa Clara Data Center
The West Coast beachhead for QTS is the Santa Clara Data Center. Providing the infrastructure for QTS's core data center solutions - Custom Data Centers, Colocation and Cloud Service - and plans for a 70,000 square foot expansion, this state-of-the-art facility offers the IT infrastructure needed today with the capability to easily expand to support tomorrow's business initiatives.
- 135,000 sq. ft. campus Two distinct data center buildings
- 80,000 sq. ft. data center footprint
- 55,000 sq. ft. of raised floor
- Steel frame/concrete tilt up walls
- Office and conference room space also available
* Building I
- Power delivered via dual entrances from redundant Silicon Valley Power substations
- UPS in an N+1 configuration
- 10,200 gallons of on-site diesel fuel with multiple refueling contracts
* Building II
- 4 600 KW Liebert UPS in an N+1 configuration deliver 1.8 MW of conditioned power to the data center floor
- Supported by 3 2.0 MW generators in a N+1 configuration
- 19,800 gallons of diesel fuel on-site with refueling contracts
* All power cabling below floors is waterproof conduit encased, with waterproof connectors to all equipment
* Building I
- 4 state-of-the-art chillers provide cooling to the data center floor and non-critical office space, N+1 Chiller plant
* Building II
- 2 state-of-the-art 500 ton chillers provide cooling to the data center floor and non-critical office space, N+1 Chiller plant
* Supported by 24x7x365 computer monitoring and data center technicians
- Security fence surrounds perimeter of property
- Single Point of entrance
- Data center floor and secured areas require card key
- 2-factor biometric authentication (finger print and iris scan)
- Security guards on-site 24x7x365
- Active patrol both inside and outside facility
- Closed circuit video cameras cover the interior and exterior of the building
- Carrier-neutral facility providing access to multiple providers for local, fiber and Internet connectivity
- Diverse entrances into building including multiple local central office redundancy with fiber and network access to multiple primary carriers
- QTS Metro Connect Service offers additional connectivity to providers in 11 Great Oaks (Carrier Hotel)
- Internal cabling, copper, coax or fiber access, to carrier bandwidth using cable management systems throughout the facility
QTS Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: QTS) is a leading provider of data center solutions across a diverse footprint spanning more than 6 million square feet of owned mega scale data center space throughout North America. Through its software-defined technology platform, QTS is able to deliver secure, compliant infrastructure solutions, robust connectivity and premium customer service to more than 1,100 leading Hyperscale technology companies, enterprises, and government entities.
FLEXIBLE SOLUTIONS - our unique portfolio of core data center services and value added services coupled with financial flexibility allows QTS to structure complete solutions that meet both your technical and budget requirements.
SECURE FACILITIES - robust, redundant and protected facilities with highly trained personnel that adhere to strict security procedures guarantees security and reliability.
REAL-TIME VISIBILITY - The QTS Service Delivery Platform (SDP) gives you visibility, access, and control of critical metrics across your entire QTS hybrid IT deployment, both in real-time and on-demand.
EXPERT SUPPORT - QTS ITIL certified operations personnel and monitoring systems support all services and ensure maximum availability and uptime.
QTS Data Centers are designed and built with reliability, redundancy and resiliency in mind. We start with fully-redundant high-density power and cooling capacities, add fully integrated UPS systems, link site-wide security and fire protection systems, and enable comprehensive visibility through our customer portal to provide secure, dependable state-of-the-art data center infrastructure for our customers' web services.
All Quality Data Centers provide mission critical electrical, mechanical, and high capacity network systems. QTS's trained staff includes facility and electrical maintenance engineers, data center operations experts, network architects and security officers committed to providing on-site 24x7x365 support and operations for our facilities. This crucial design philosophy is built into our product to minimize service disruption and ensure the highest level of customer service available. It is this level of experience and proven track record that sets QTS apart from the rest of the industry.