H5 Data Centers: Seattle Data Center
About Seattle Data Center
H5 Data Centers' Seattle Data Center is a Massive, Well-Connected Data Center in Downtown Seattle
H5 Data Centers' Seattle data center is a 293,000 SF data center and carrier hotel located at 1000 Denny Way. Just several blocks from the Westin Building, H5 Data Centers' Seattle data center is also adjacent to Amazon's corporate campus that comprises several million square feet.
The Seattle data center, also known as the Seattle Times Building, has served the telecommunications community for many years, supporting carrier gateway sites and carrier-to-carrier interconnection requirements. With easy access to long haul and metro fiber and multiple fiber entry points to the building, the H5 Data Centers' Seattle data center provides a unique opportunity to be located in one of the most network-dense communication hubs in the world.
Enterprise customers will also find the H5 Data Centers Seattle data center an attractive site for colocation, thanks to some of the lowest-cost, environmentally-friendly and sustainable power in North America. Conveniently located in South Lake Union in downtown Seattle, H5 Data Centers' Seattle data center is in close proximity to the Westin Building, downtown businesses and scores of communications networks.
Unique aspects of the Seattle data center include:
- 293,000 SF data center
- Private data center suites
- Newly constructed data center space in downtown Seattle
- Available office, staging, storage and conference room space
- Available on-site parking
- South Lake Union/downtown Seattle location
The Seattle data center is served by Seattle City Light's a utility company that offers inexpensive, reliable and sustainable electricity (more than 95% comes from renewable sources). Seattle City Light's utility rates are some of the most attractive in the country with average annual costs per kWh of less than $0.07. All systems are meticulously monitored and maintained by our engineering team.
H5 Data Centers innovative electrical and mechanical architecture achieve up to 40% better energy efficiency than other data centers. The Seattle data center offers a leading Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) of ~1.35, ensuring optimal energy utilization and reduced waste.
Electrical and mechanical highlights include:
- Feeds from Seattle City Light's high capacity, modern power grid
- N+1 UPS distribution
- N+1 mechanical systems that incorporate outside air "free cooling"
- Hot and cold row data center design
- Industry-leading Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) of ~1.35
- Less than $0.07/kwh avg. annual power pricing from Seattle City Light
The Seattle data center is a highly secure data center to meet the stringent regulatory requirements of our customer base. The Seattle data center is equipped with on-site security staffing, mantraps, biometric and keycard access systems, and digital security cameras.
The data center offers the following security benefits:
- Biometric and key card access controls
- Digital cameras monitored 24x7
- Early smoke detection system
- Annual Type 2 SOC 1 audits (pending)
- Annual ISO 27001 certification (pending)
The Seattle data center is one of the most interconnected buildings in Seattle with more than 40 on-site carriers and networks with direct access to XO Communications [now Verizon] and Level (3)'s long haul termination access points. H5 DC offers carrier-neutral data center services, providing customers with access to a variety of regional, national and international telecommunications carriers and fiber providers. With its carrier partners, H5 DC serves a growing community of enterprises, content delivery networks (CDNs) and cloud service providers seeking to improve their mission critical operations.
Highlights of H5 Data Centers' Seattle network-neutral data center include:
- Diverse carrier access to the Westin Building
- Access to the region's top metro fiber and communications providers and 100+ global Internet peering partners
- With just a cross connection, access Level (3)'s Seattle Gateway
- Multiple fiber points of entry
- Cross connections available within 2 business days of order
- Access to the Seattle Internet Exchange (SIX)
H5 data center experts will support mission-critical IT infrastructure requirements by constructing, managing and maintaining the mechanical and electrical infrastructure required for state-of-the-art IT environments. The Seattle data center provides industry-leading energy efficiency and enhanced physical security. Customers that choose H5, trust us to protect their most important digital assets more reliably and efficiently. Join other leading enterprises and technology and cloud service providers in establishing a data center presence in Seattle.
H5 Data Centers' Seattle data center product offering includes:
- Turn-key wholesale data center space
- Private data center suites
- Private cages and cabinets
- Powered shell build-outs
- Office and storage space
- Access to loading dock
- Significant space for expansion
- 24x7 remote hands services
- 100% uptime guarantee